As summer approaches, you may be thinking of ways to look and feel your best, while protecting your skin from the effects of the summer sun.
Some of the best beauty consultants have shared their anti-aging tips for summer. Here are some simple ways to make you look and feel your best during the holidays:
1. Go easy on foundation
- Keep your foundation simple to avoid it taking into visible cracks or wrinkles in the skin.
2. Reduce dark circles, puffiness
- Get more sleep. Studies show that sleep triggers the release of hormones that help the skin remain thicker and more elastic.
- Control puffiness by reducing your salt intake and retain moisture.
- The nutrients in fresh cucumber slices and moist tea bags may also help soothe tired eyes and reduce swelling.
- Gentle face cleansers, serums or peels containing vitamin A may also help reduce puffiness and relax the facial muscles for a fresher look.
3. Luscious lip care tips
- Moisturize the lips often. Makeup will not be enough to cover dryness and chapping. Try lip balms that contain shea butter, vitamin E or petroleum jelly to help retain moisture. Use products with sunscreen to help protect against the sun’s drying effects.
4. Reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots
- To get a more youthful look, serums containing vitamin A (retinol) can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exfoliate often to alleviate dead skin and improve freshness. An exfoliating cleanser gently applied with a cloth will help brighten the skin for a healthier glow.
- Vitamin K and antioxidant rich foods such as kale, spinach, broccoli and collard greens contain nutrients that help eliminate dark spots and improve circulation in the skin.
5. Here’s to healthier looking hair
Graying, thinning hair is another sign of the aging process; the following hair care tips can work for healthy-looking, bouncy hair at any age:
- Graying hair tends to look dull and dry. Use a good conditioner and shine enhancer or serum to keep gray hair looking lustrous.
- Avoid harsh heating combs and set heating on cool when using a hairdryer. Towel dry the hair more often to help retain moisture.
- For a low maintenance way to add more body, styling the hair with hot rollers may also work.
- Trim frizzy ends regularly to help the hair look full and bouncy.
- Heat, sun damage and chlorine (when swimming) can also contribute to dry hair. An anti-chlorine shampoo and conditioner can help to neutralize chlorine residues in the hair.
6. Wear Sunglasses
- Sunburn can cause eye damage, blotchiness, and increase fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Protect the skin around the eyes from damage and wrinkling by wearing a good pair of sunglasses that help block out the sun. Studies suggest a UV400 lens might be your best bet.
- Aloe Vera gel, sunscreen, olive and coconut oil can also help reduce dryness and increase moisture around the eyes.
7. Take care of your hands and feet
The hands and feet work the hardest and can suffer the effects of aging just like other parts of the body.
Hands can look tired from over-exposure to water and heat. Massage them regularly to reduce dryness and wrinkles. Jojoba, coconut and olive oil are great moisturizers that help seal in moisture and keep the hands looking young.
Foot care is also important as we age. Thick calluses can build up over time. Minimize dry chapped feet by soaking in warm water. A little milk will also help loosen dead skin.
- Scrub the heels and feet with some sugar on a pumice stone to keep heals smooth.
8. Lighten up!
Excess pigmentation in the skin can cause discoloration. Vitamin E, green tea, and antioxidants help camouflage dark spots and circles and even the skin tone. A good lightening, brightening, anti-wrinkle serum to use is Skin Royale.
Lightening and brightening cream contains a plethora of plant extracts, vitamins A, C, and E, aloe, and hyaluronic acid that:
- Instantly conceals and camouflages redness and uneven skin tone
- Help reduce discoloration and age spots
- Calms and soothes irritated skin.
Enhancing overall beauty as you age does not have to be complicated. Dark circles, wrinkles, puffiness, uneven tone, graying, thinning hair, age spots, dull skin, and wrinkled hands, can be distressing since they are highly noticeable and can make you appear older. Simple skin care tips can enhance your appearance, make you look and feel younger, boost your confidence and help you age gracefully.
About the Author
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She is an active contributor of many health and lifestyle blogs including Glozine lifestyle. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines and wrinkles, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also follow her on Facebook and Pinterest.
Did you enjoy this post? Then don’t forget to pin it!