When it comes to Disney’s theme parks, it is mostly associated with children’s playground or an ideal location for a family day out. But what if you’re an adult and childless? Not to worry because Walt Disney World knows very well how to entice all the age groups. Whether you love high-speed roller coasters or fond of live shows and entertainment, Disney knows very well how to spread its magic on anyone.
As an adult theme parks fanatic, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of my favorites at Walt Disney World. Mostly because of the Star Wars attractions. Do you know that Disney is coming up with a new Star Wars-themed park at the galaxy far far away, both at Disney World in Orlando, Florida and Disneyland in Anaheim, California. The park is expected to open both in Orlando and Anaheim in 2019. Isn’t that exciting for all the Star Wars fan?
Disney’s Hollywood Studio will mesmerize you by its big charm and productions no matter whichever season you choose to visit by these 11 amazing rides and attractions.
So relax, sit tight and enjoy the thrill of Hollywood Studios!
1) Tower of Terror
This is one of my favorite rides at WDW. The ride is also known as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and it is the second tallest attraction at Walt Disney World Resort. The ride takes place in a fictional hotel in California which is doomed. You’ll be greeted by Rod Serling, the famous Twilight Zone narrator who is dead for 20 years when the hotel was opened in 1994. You’ll then go to an elevator for 13 floors, 199 feet before the doors reopen and the elevator drops and lifts unexpectedly, repeatedly, giving you the breathtaking view of the park and an ultimate adrenaline shiver and you’ll be screaming at the top of your lungs. The best part about this ride is you’ll experience a different set of thrills with a different set of drops every time you ride. So there will always be a new adventure!
2) Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
This is dark, enclosed, indoor, high-speed roller coaster ride with a killer soundtrack and multiple upside-downside loops. The roller coaster accelerates from 0 to 57 miles per hour in just 2.8 seconds, making it the second fastest attractions at Walt Disney World. You’ll join Aerosmith in this ride who will take you to his concert through this roller coaster and I bet, you’re going to arrive with all your messed hair!
3) Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
If you’re a huge fan of Star Wars, you’re going to love this 3D, motion-simulated space flight to popular destinations from Star Wars. Your pilot will be C-3PO and you’ll meet The Force Awaken characters on your ride. This ride also features a random selection of destinations every time so you never know what mission you’ll be headed on next.
4) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
This is a live show where you’ll see behind the scenes and stunts of Indiana Jones and Marion. There will be fire, water, boulder, aircraft, villains, crew and director. They also call volunteers from the audience and assign them the role of the side artists. This show will give you an idea how action scenes are shot in the movies.
5) The Great Movie Ride
The Great Movie Ride takes place inside the iconic Chinese Theatre – One of the landmarks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It is a guided tour dark ride where you go down the memory lane and see the Audio-Animatronic figures, live actors, special effects, and projections to recreate iconic scenes from evergreen Hollywood classics.
6) Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
The force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is a nighttime show based on the Star Wars film series. It features fireworks, projection mapping, fire, lasers, fog effects, and searchlights. This larger than life show clearly shows the legacy of all Star Wars movies and it is a must-watch for any Hollywood Studios visitor!
7) March of the First Order
March of the First Order is another amazing show for any Star Wars fan. You’ll see Captain Phasma and a group of First Order stormtroopers march to the stage in front of The Great Movie Ride. It is an experience in itself seeing the characters from a multi-billion dollars franchise marching in front of you.
If you’re fortunate, you’ll see stormtroopers in action!
8) Star Wars Launch Bay
Star Wars Launch Bay is a must-see attraction for any Star Wars fanatic. You’ll see the behind-the-scenes video as well as how a new generation of filmmakers is crafting the future of the ‘Star Wars‘ saga. You’ll also walk-through various exhibits from Star Wars as well as meet various characters and get yourself clicked with them.
I wanted to meet Darth Vader but he is not a part of character meet. So I chose to meet Kylo Ren from the dark side. I tried to be funny with him but he was in his full character!
Fantasmic is a night time show that features Disney characters, fireworks, water effects, laser, audio-animatronics, decorated boat floats, and mist screen projections. You’ll join Mickey as the Sorcerer and watch villains and heroes alike from classic Disney movies parade by on floats on the water.
10) For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
If you’re not interested in building a snowman or believing in act of true love, that’s OK! But if you love the Frozen song ‘Let it go‘, that’s more than enough to see queen Elsa and princess Anna in a live sing-along entertainment show!
11) Beauty and the Beast Live
If you’ve never seen Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, this 25-minute show is a must for you because of its similar production standards. This show is performed several times a day so there’s no good reason to miss it unless you want to!
Tips for Exploring Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Reach half an hour before the park opens to beat the crowd.
- Buy a ticket online so that you just have to show it at the ticket window and take your entrance pass.
- In Disney theme parks, you’re allowed to choose 3 Fast passes of any rides. So take the fast passes of Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- In case you doesn’t get the fast pass for these rides, try to complete these rides as soon as you enter the park because these rides always have a higher waiting time.
- If you’re a Starbucks fan, take your coffee or breakfast at The Trolley Car Cafe located at Hollywood Boulevard as you enter the park. You’ll always find a queue and please note that there is only one Starbucks inside Hollywood Studios. However, you will find other cafes too inside the park.
- Take the seats near the exit during the Fantasmic show, so that you can also run and watch Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. As there is a very little time interval between the end of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular.
- Check the weather forecast for the day and keep poncho, umbrella or sweatshirt accordingly.
- Apply sunscreen/sunblock to protect your skin and sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Keep protein bars, fruits and snacks to munch while standing in the rides waiting line as you don’t want to spend on overpriced Disney snacks.
- Keep a water bottle and keep sipping to stay hydrated.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress as per the weather forecast.
- Last but not the least, don’t get irritated with long waiting lines for rides, crying babies and heat but enjoy the fullest as you’re at the happiest place on the earth.
Share your experience if you’ve been to Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in the comments below? If not, which is your favorite theme park?
Till then, Happy Exploring!
Did you enjoy this post? Then don’t forget to pin it!